|Post name :||UNDERWRITING TECHNICIAN|
|Date Of Posting :||15-01-2016|
|Closing Date :||20-01-2016|
Botswana Insurance Company Limited is looking to recruit to fill the position of Underwriting Technician in the Specialised Lines Department, tenable in Gaborone;
JOB TITLE: UNDERWRITING TECHNICIAN – SPECIALISED LINES
To underwrite prudently so as to attain a technical profit and to ensure adherence to the current service standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Sourcing new business, risk pricing, and monitoring of loss ratios.
- Implementation and monitoring of targets.
- Contributing to the growth of the Specialised Lines budget
- Analysis of performance and preparation of management reports
- Carry out reinsurance placements, maintaining quotations and renewals register.
- Foster and maintain relationships with the brokers.
- Adherence to external/brokers service agreements.
- Adherence to the internal service standards for turnaround time.
- Target oriented.
- Must have analytical skills Independence and creative ability.
- Excellent people management skills and must be able to sustain excellent business relationships.
- Self motivated.
- Works well under pressure.
- Minimum qualification of a certificate of proficiency (short - term).
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Sound product knowledge of Specialised Lines policies.
- 2 years relevant work experience in a short term Insurance market.
Interested applicants should email their applications to; email@example.com on or before Wednesday the 20th January 2016 @ 5PM.
NB: Regrettably, correspondence will only be entered to with short listed candidates.